Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The kittys' 1st Christmas

We adopted kitties this year since the passing of both of our cats (Eona and Harley) in the last 2 years. The first kitty we adopted was scheduled to be put down at the animal hospital. Someone actually PAID to get rid of her! But the hospital knew we were looking for a female kitty so they called us. She was approximately 8 weeks old when we took her home. Kevin ended up calling her Cammy (named after an over-head Cam)...LOL.

Cammy:






















We adopted my kitty a couple weeks later from a very nice lady, Terri Morris, in Ashland, NE. She breeds, raises and shows Maine Coones. You can check out her website here if you're interested. When I picked up my new kitty he was 12 weeks old. We thought it was cool because now we'd have a boy and a girl cat and they'd be about the same age. We were a little worried about their mixed backgrounds but after a day or two, they were best buds :)

When I adopted him, his name was Del Monte Banana (Monte for short). I was going to change the name originally but I ended up just liking it too much. The whole banana bit seemed a little "girly" for a boy so I changed it to Monte Burns...yes, from the Simpsons!

Here's Monte:






















I hope everyone has a great holiday and new year's weekend!

~Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment